Monday, February 23, 2015

You Struck Me

This one time I spent an entire night trying to take a picture of lightning.

I did, I got the picture. But I  only got one and that wasn't enough. I mean I've seen lighting strike many times but I've only caught it once and it took a long time to catch.


But here I am. I'm in a lightning storm and you, you struck me. You didn't stay long enough for me to see us. Maybe you lit up just for me and wondered if I could press the button fast enough.

But I didn't. I totally missed it.

I heard every second you count after lightning strikes until you hear the thunder can tell you how far away it struck.

I counted every second after I met you and my heart counted every rapid beat after that.


But thunder is always filled with so much doubt. It has the ability to keep  you quiet and that was enough for me.

I wanted the thunder to stop coming after the lightning but every time you struck me the thunder would get louder and louder. It shook me up inside and now I'm nothing but an empty heart still yearning for some real long lightning.

Somewhere in the middle of this thunderstorm the rain is plowing through all my emotions leaving me with warm jumbled feelings embedded in my soul. 





5 comments:

  1. This was great and I loved hearing you perform it

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're title just sold it for me. mmhmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessssssss. I'm so happy you posted this. STELLAR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But I didn't. I totally missed it.

    I feel like that. All the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. โปรโมชั่น pg slot รวมโปรสล็อต PG โปรโมชั่นดีๆสุดพิเศษและก็ร้อนแรงมาเสนอแนะสำหรับคุณ สำหรับสาวกสล็อตตัวจริงต้องห้ามพลาดกับโปรโมชั่นที่พวกเราเตรียมความพร้อมมายกให้คุณทุกวัน

    ReplyDelete