Sunday, February 1, 2015

.....And I can't scream it with them.

Here I am standing on the bleachers and the crowd is yelling AIR BALL AIR BALL AIR BALL AIR BALL and TWO FACE TWO FACE TWO FACE TWO FACE and I can't scream it with them. I picture that kids face in my head as he walks back to the bench held low and droplets climbing out of the corner of his eyes and I can't scream at him. "It's just sports game". But he's not just a basketball player. He's not just a basketball player.


What kind of high school student am I?


I'm not supposed to care about the other teams feelings.


I'm not supposed to care about hearts and emotions.


I should care about that twitter page designed by a bully.


I should gossip about her messy hair and beat up sweats.


I should judge, judge, judge.




But, I feel so guilty every time I do.


I care so much about peoples feelings.


The more I write the more I see the real me.


I'm me. I'm so me.


I think I'm pretty cute and I get really mad when girls think they can't say that about themselves.


I don't put up with mean people.


I like how much I weigh and I'm almost way to comfortable alone.


I get so mad over bullying.


I think you would too if almost everyday of your childhood was spent cheering up your sister because someone made fun of her weight again.


Because when someone is having a hard day I think back to hugging my sister and telling her how beautiful she is and asking God why it was her and not me.


So here I am on the bleachers and I can't scream.


Because he's not just a basketball player and she's more than her weight.


So forgive me Michelle Obama. I don't think obesity is the biggest problem in America.

I don't think wheat noodles and Kale chips can make my sisters tears stop.


So before you judge another person think beyond them please.


There is something amazing about everyone and it's your choice whether you see that part of them.

13 comments:

  1. Me the whole time I'm reading this:
    "Amen!! Amen!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Great post, Megan. Great illustration with the basketball game. This gave me hope.

    And the part about your sister. And the part about her tears.

    "...so me."

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh yes I always hated when people chanted mean things and it always made me wonder what my problem was. gosh I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you would too if almost everyday of your childhood was spent cheering up your sister because someone made fun of her weight again.

    me too, me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hate bullying too.

    powerful post, i felt all the emotion.

    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved this and i cant quite pinpoint why yet, but i loved this and you are a most beautiful human being.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The whole chanting thing I agree with 100%. You hit so many important points and you did it so eloquently and wow. Chills chills chills

    ReplyDelete
  8. you performed this so well and it is an extremely powerful piece
    nice work

    ReplyDelete
  9. land slot auto เล่นเกมสล็อตได้ทุกค่าย ครบทุกเกมไปกับ ทุกค่ายเกมสุดสนุก แบบแปลกใหม่ ไม่มีซ้ำใครกันแน่ เล่นได้ไม่น่าเบื่อ PG ไม่เหมือนกันด้วยการเป็นบริการเกมสล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  10. slot xo สำหรับผู้ใดกันที่กำลังมองหาเว็บไซต์รวมสล็อต pgslot ที่ดีเยี่ยมที่สุดศูนย์รวมค่ายเกมชั้นหนึ่งก็เกม slotxo เยอะเอามาไว้ภายในเว็บไซต์แห่งนี้บริการระบบฝาก-ถอนแบบออโต้

    ReplyDelete